Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Another kg down

This last kilogram took a while (about 13 days in fact) but I'm pleased to say that I've lost another kilogram. So I've lost about 3 1/2 kilograms, at this point I'd normally be getting bored and tired with the whole losing weight game, but now that I've got my accountable person who is watching what I'm doing, and also there is no way that I'm going to give them heaps of money, I think I've got things worked out, at least for the moment.

It has been so long since I've been in the sixties kilograms, 8 years really, and I don't know whether other people do this, but I've got all these memories (I think I've got a good memory) of all of my weight loss efforts, the running, Zone diet, telling friends I've lost another kg, blogging etc etc since December 2000, and I hate to say that all of it has come to naught. That makes me feel sad.

I'm a big fan of thinking "lowest weight since xxxx" so as I lose weight I can wipe the slate clean of all those memories. Especially 72-74kg, that was a time in 2002 when I was having essentially the worst year of my life (and future life, until the year I die) and I feel sad that I put on so much since those troubles. Anyway, I'm the lowest weight since about the 22nd May this year. Nothing of significance happening then, apart from my partner had just moved in about 3 weeks earlier.

Because things have been slowing down, I've decided to put in another attempt at restricting carbohydrates, and going for about 60g a day. I'll give it a go for a week, I've done this before but I like fruit, which is the problem. I guess that an apple fills my stomach quite a bit, part of the pleasure in eating it I guess. I'll try to have only one of each variety of fruit each day, to increase my pleasure in food when it comes to restricting carbohydrates.

No comments: