Friday, August 31, 2007

Carboyhdrate addiction...

It is becoming so obvious to me that I suffer carbohydrate addiction. Yesterday, the first day of my medium carbohydrate diet, I got an uncontrollable urge to go and have some sweet things to eat, and I also had a nice sweet drink. Basically, it's there, telling me to go and buy and eat foods that aren't good for me.

I got out the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet out of the library, did the self-test and got 18 points out of 60. That's in the 'safe zone' but I still think I'm addicted. There is just too much evidence.

Because of that, I'm still trying to do the 60g a day. One thing about me, I haven't got staying power (hopefully that will change) but I keep trying.

Apart from that, the weight loss is going fine as usual. Tomorrow, I start writing down (and displaying here) my carbohydrate consumption.

1 comment:

Lily T said...

I find the word “addiction” tricky. When you identify something as an addiction, you believe that it has power over you and therefore it becomes harder to overcome. At the same time, the first step to fighting an addiction would be to identify it. So it’s like a double-edge sword. If I were you, I would be careful in calling yourself an addict, especially when your book says you’re not. I think what you have is more of a “habit”.

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. You’re support and confidence has really gotten me motivated.