Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Things are going ok - but slowly

I'm still losing weight, but the rate that I'm losing is quite slow - which means that I might not make my goal weight by next Easter, when I'm having my high school reunion.  That really doesn't bother me too much (there aren't likely to be many people there who know me) but I don't want the whole losing weight thing to drag on forever.  Of course, if I push it up a bit, I'll feel pressure and I've found pressure to lose weight at a specific rate in the past has not been very successful, it only leads to disappointment.

Eating has not been that much better than before:

Thursday
Coffee and slice $7.50
Takeaways $2.50

Friday
Burger, chips and drink $6.80
Drink $3.00

Saturday
Milk $2.20
Sweets $1.00

Sunday
Coffee and slice $4.80
Takeaways $2.50

Monday
Apples $3.00
Instant coffee $11.96
Bananas $0.34
Carrots $2.38
Apples $6.66
Ham $1.63
Ice cream $2.89
Cake slice $1.98

Mondays shopping was a lot better, I'm trying to buy 2 litres of ice cream once a month as my source of a treat, and the slice of cake is when I go out, I'll take it with me and buy a coffee to have with it when I'm out.

Total so far is $132.84 which equals $51.66 a week, a bit on the high side, since I'm having whey powder and frozen veges which I bought earlier.  

Money to be put away for the camera totals so far is $46, however I 
haven't got around to physically putting the money into the jar, no 
doubt that will happen later on.

I think that I've got someone who is willing to help me with the whole preventing putting on weight thing.  That is the biggest amount of support I've got from someone in terms of losing weight for as long as I can remember.  I'm very pleased and looking forward to being accountable to someone.  I did a similar thing with my brother earlier in the year, but after a few months he suggested that we finish because one particular month both of us put on weight - I guess it wasn't working for him (we were trying to lose weight together).

No comments: