Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Things are going well

I seem to be getting into the swing of things, finally.  I had some problems with my scales, they may (or not have) been showing the wrong values, which is a royal pain but there is not much that can be done about that.  I certainly know how some people feel dispair when after trying to lose weight for a month, say and after weighing themselves find they have not lost any weight.  For me, more often is better, and it's good to alternate dressed and undressed just in case the scales are playing tricks on me.

How often should a person weigh themself?  The best I've decided is not so often that the person is feeling over overwhelmed by the quantity of weighings, and not so infrequent that if the scales do not budge one point, the person is upset about it.

I haven't got around to calibrating my scales yet, but at the moment I'm about 87.5kg.  

Food wise, it hasn't been great - I've been buying not so good food:

Sunday
Milk $2.90
Crustkits $2.50
Biscuits $2.40

Monday
Sweets $2

Wednesday
Coffee and slice $7.50

Thursday
KFC $5

Friday
Filled roll $4.50
Coffee and slice $9.50
Drink $3

Saturday
Burger and ice cream $2.60

Sunday
Apples $3
Pop corn $2

Monday
Coffee and slice $7.50

Tuesday
Croissants $5

Notice that most of the above food would be described as recreational food.  I need to do better in that, the maximum recreational food amount per week should be $10-15.

Total so far is $71.70 over 12 days which equals $41.83 a week. A bit high, given that I've got a large amount of vegetables and protein powder powder that I am going through.  As for saving up for the camera, I need $28 in my container now, unfortunately there is none, but I'll start putting money in there and soon I'll have caught up with what I should have put in.

No comments: